Links from ’round the internet (“that’s the one with ‘e-mail’, right?”)
- Soultek thinks it’s fishy that Toyota marching greenward with hybrids while marching lock-step with Detroit on fuel efficiency/global warming. He’s right; it’s fishy.
- Well, not too fishy: the status quo has served Toyota well. The more the Big 2.5 keep pushing your father’s Oldsmobile (literally), the longer ToMoCo can continue expanding its dominance without serious challenge.
- From the department of not learning your lesson the first time, Harry Reid talks the same smack about CAFE standards that he talked about the Iraq Funding bill.
- Meanwhile, the 2008 Prius (spy shot!) has the chicken coop aflutter. Looks like a lambo, apparently — but not the cool one — and runs on batteries from the future. Seriously, tho: 80 mpg, say the rumors….
- Saw this dude commuting thru DC traffic in his Suburban today. Nobody else in the car, no stuff in it either. At 31 gallons a tank, 14-15 mpg, and $3.25 gas…. I sure hope his stereo is nice.
- But he shouldn’t worry, he can fill it with E-85! Oh, wait, it’s a) unavailable outside of Iowa and b) gets 20% lower mileage.
- Biofuels are dislocating food production — less barley means pricier lager and China’s government hit the brakes on biofuel production because prices for edible crops were ramping up.
That’s the problem with corn as a fuel: you can’t burn it and eat it, and there ain’t enough to do both.